Google provides an excellent feature for its user to define what happen with their account if it is inactive for a long period and this feature is Google Inactive account manager. Using this feature, you can set a time period after which your account will be treated as inactive. This period starts from your last Google account sign in. Google Inactive account manager enables you to either share your data with your trusted contacts, friends or family members , or Google will delete all your account data automatically after Inactive period completes. This blog post will explain how to manage your google account when it is inactive for a long period.
How to Setup Google Inactive Account Manager?
It is extremely easy to set up Google Inactive Account Manager.
- Open https://www.google.com/settings/account/inactive in your browser and login to your google account. You will be redirected to inactive account manager page.
- Here you have to turned on Inactive account manager option.
- Now you will find different sections. First section is Alert Me section where you can set mobile numbers and alternate email address for receiving alert related to your Google account inactivity.
- Second section is Timeout Period where you can set up timeout period for your account from 03 months to 18 months.
- Third section is Notify Contacts and Share Data where you can add up to 10 trusted contacts to share your account data.
- Last section is optionally Delete your Account.
- Finally click on Enable option.
Whatever the reason behind inactivity of your Google account, Google provide you an opportunity to decide what happen with your data. Remember while setting up Google Inactive account manager for your account; it is necessary to add your mobile phone number as well as trusted contacts.
If you like this post then don’t forget to share it with others so that they can manage their account.
Latest posts by Vikram Kirola (see all)
- Voice Search As the Future of Search Engine Optimization - September 27, 2016
- 5 Unbelievable Factors that you Never Know About Search Engine Ranking. - September 21, 2016
- Frequently Asked Questions About Darknet. - September 16, 2016