“Would you like to drive more traffic to your website or blog?”
If your answer is yes, then there is need to optimize your blog post accordingly. There are two factors that contributed towards the success of your blog or website. These factors rank your blog high in search results. These factors are on page optimization and off page optimization. In this blog post, I am going to explain on page optimization techniques to rank first in 2016.
On Page optimization refers to those factors that controlled by you. These factors include Meta tags, alt tag, HTML codes, keyword density & placement, and content quality. In simple words, we can say that on page optimization is the process of optimizing our content for targeted keyword phrase or web search query.
On Page Optimization Techniques to Rank First in 2016
Most of the new blogger think that on page optimization does not work because they are not getting the first rank in search results after optimizing content. There is a thing that we should keep in mind that on page optimization does not work alone. To rank first, there is need to optimize content for off page also. Here is a list of On Page optimization techniques.
1. Post Title – Post title is the first factor that helps to rank your blog post. It should include your target keyword so that search crawlers can crawl your pages according to keyword input. In addition to that, it should not lengthy. A good post title should not include more than 65 characters. Post title should be eye-catching so that users click on your link from search results.
2. Permalink Structure – Permalink structure also contributes towards on page optimization. To optimize your blog post, its permalink should include your keyword phrase separated by a dash. Unusual string in permalink like numbers, dates, special character may affect your SEO negatively.
3. Keyword in Heading Tag – There is a need to add heading tag from H2 to H6 to highlight heading and important points. There is no need to add H1 tag in the blog post as it is always included in blog post title. Not only this, excess use of heading tag may impact your ranking negatively. Don’t use any heading more than two times. Try to include your keyword in one of the heading tag.
4. Image Optimization
Adding image to your content, make your content more attractive. In addition to that by optimizing your images, you can drive additional traffic to your blog post. You can optimize images by adding alt text and title. Don’t forget to add a keyword in the alt text. In addition to that by compressing or reducing the size of your images, you can make it load faster in search results.
5. Content Linking – By linking your post to related blog post, you can engage your visitor for maximum duration. It will help to increase time on site and decrease bounce rate. By linking your content, your post can perform better in search results. But don’t link keyword with other content, it will affect your SEO negatively.
6. Content-Length & Quality – Content is always king. Besides various ranking factor, content quality is always on top. Quality content helps to engage the user for a long-term. In addition to that content length also matter. For on page optimization blog post with 300 words considered good. If you write lengthy content you can engage your visitors for more time, but don’t forget the quality of content.
7. Page Load Speed – Google is giving priority to the website with better user experience and speed of a website matters a lot in user experience. A site with slow load speed rank low in SERP. If you are using WordPress site then you can do it with the help of plugins.
8. Keyword Density – Remember, keywords are used by the search engine marketers. A user doesn’t know about keywords. To rank better in search engine never stuff your content with keywords, it will affect your SEO badly. Try to keep keyword density between 2-3 % for better ranking.
9. Meta Description – Meta description is the excerpt that comes in the search result. That is why it is necessary to add your keyword in Meta description and write eye-catching Meta description.
Read Also – Mobile Optimization an Important Ranking Factor.
Latest posts by Vikram Kirola (see all)
- Voice Search As the Future of Search Engine Optimization - September 27, 2016
- 5 Unbelievable Factors that you Never Know About Search Engine Ranking. - September 21, 2016
- Frequently Asked Questions About Darknet. - September 16, 2016