Two factor authentication is an excellent feature that provides an additional gateway towards security of your online assets. In present online world, we can’t say everything is 100% secure from cyber criminals; but we can reduce the risk by providing additional layer of protection. This additional layer of protection is known as two factor authentication that includes your personal devices. Now a days almost all popular websites are offering this feature. The best thing about this feature is; it is free and easy to activate in your online account.
How Does Two Factor Authentication Works?
Now a days almost all popular websites whether those are banking or social networking or any other site are providing two factor authentication. The login process in two factor includes your normal password as well as a security code on your personal device. When you enter username and password for login, website send a OTP (One Time Password) for login. Some big Websites that are providing these facilities are Google, Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo, Paypal, Banking Sites, etc.
Pros of Two Factor Authentication
- Though it is not 100% secure, but it is somehow better than your normal password system for login.
- As OTP (One time Password) changed every time, there is no need to change your normal password frequently.
- Free, there is no need to pay to add additional layer of security.
Cons of Two Factor Authentication
- The device that you are using for OTP must be in your possession, fully charged and in network range all the time. Otherwise you may not receive OTP for login.
- Unfortunately, if you lost your device, you can’t login to websites.
- It is not necessary that you receive the message instantly.
- There is no guarantee that you are 100% secure from hacker.
Though it is true that two factor authentication can’t protect you completely from hacker still it can reduce the risk of hacking of your account.
Latest posts by Vikram Kirola (see all)
- Voice Search As the Future of Search Engine Optimization - September 27, 2016
- 5 Unbelievable Factors that you Never Know About Search Engine Ranking. - September 21, 2016
- Frequently Asked Questions About Darknet. - September 16, 2016